Effective Date: November 1, 2020
Last Updated: October 18, 2023
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The type of information that we collect depends on your interaction and relationship with us. We collect, and in the preceding 12 months have collected and processed, the below categories and types of personal information with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Contact Information. We collect full name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, and business contact information.
- Identifiers. We collect social security number, driver’s license number, military ID number, passport number, state identification card number, I-9 documentation, tax or national identification number, internet protocol address, account usernames and passwords, signature, and social media user names.
- Financial Information. We collect credit card information, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, and billing address.
- Commercial Information. We collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and purchasing histories.
- Internet or Electronic Usage Data. We collect data related to network and website interaction history, IP address, website cookie information, interaction with advertisements and browsing time.
- Geolocation Data. We collect your general region or area from which you access our Sites.
- Inferences: We use information from the categories of personal information described above in order to create inferences about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
Sources Of Personal Information
We collect, and in the preceding 12 months have collected, personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We collect contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, audio/visual data, that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically. When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and internet or electronic usage data using tools like browser cookies.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing our Products and Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, and commercial information to allow individuals to provide our products and Services we have contracted for, process payments, and provide updates and reports].
- Transactional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, and commercial information to: (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you with customer assistance; (iii) administer contracts with our vendors, clients, and service providers; and (iv) provide supporting business activities such as tax related services.
- Business Operations. We use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, audio/visual data, sensitive information, and inferences for our day-to-day business operations, including maintaining records, planning, budgeting, calibration, headcount, database administration, surveys, evaluations, reports, compliance, regulatory, audit, investigative and disciplinary purposes and other ethics and compliance reporting tools, and to support our business operations].
- Analytical Purposes. We use identifiers, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, and inferences to improve our marketing efforts, conduct market research, prospect for new customers, engage in customer relationship management, administering promotions, and to provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of our Sites and Systems. We use identifiers, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data to improve our Sites and systems, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites and systems, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and systems
- Develop and Improve Our Products and Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, personal characteristics data, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, and inferences to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing products and service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences to: (i) protect us, our employees, and our Sites, premises, assets, systems, products, services and intellectual property, including from fraud, theft, and misconduct; (ii) enforce our policies and terms; (iii) conduct vendor due diligence; and (iv) detect and prevent fraud, theft and misconduct including by verifying the identity of those we are conducting business with.
- Legal: We use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Other Purposes: We may use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, and inferences for other reasons we may describe to you.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of our Services, Sites, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, cloud hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, application processing, operating systems and platforms, transportation, and customer support services). We also provide this information where necessary to our professional service providers such as lawyers, bankers, tax consultants, auditors, and insurers. In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, and inferences to our service providers.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, and inferences to our affiliates.
- Analytics/Advertising Partners. We may share personal information with third party analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, who provide analytics or marketing and advertising services to us. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed identifiers, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, and inferences to our service providers.
- Government Entities. We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies, tax authorities, and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us. In the past 12 months, we have not disclosed contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, and inferences to government entities.
- Corporate Transactions. We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations; or (iii) are soliciting or accepting investments. We have not disclosed any personal information to corporate transaction recipients in the last 12 months.
- Other Reasons. We may disclose personal information for other reasons we may describe to you, including if you consent to the disclosure or direct us to disclose your information.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences and profiles about you. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
Sensitive Personal Information
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, through the Sites or otherwise, any Sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security number, taxpayer identification number, passport number, driver’s license number, or other government-issued identification number; credit or debit card details or financial account number, with or without any code or password that would permit access to the account, credit history; or information on race, religion, ethnicity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, medical or health information, genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records, or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings).
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you Services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where we process personal information for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing so that we can respect your request in the future. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our Services and operate our business;
- whether information is needed to protect our business and mitigate risk;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for a period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data; and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our Site. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our Site. When you access the Site, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, allow us to understand how users navigate to and around our Site, view different pages, access content and request Services. We may use them, for example, to keep track of your preferences and profile information and collect general usage and volume statistical information. If you want to remove or block cookies, you may be able to update your browser settings. You can find instructions on how to manage cookies on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org. To learn more about interest-based advertising, tracking technologies, and how to opt out, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please click here to change your preferences regarding cookies.
Session Replay Technology
We use session replay technology on our Site. Session replay technology, also referred to as session playback or user experience (UX) replay, collects information regarding records and tracks your interactions with a website or application. It then transforms those logged user events (such as mouse movements, clicks, page visits, scrolling, tapping, etc.) into a reproduction of what you actually did on the website or application. We use session replays for quality control, customer service, fraud prevention and security, and marketing purposes. Our session replay technology is owned and operated by a third-party who acts as our service provider. The information collected by this technology may be collected by, transferred to, and stored by our third-party service provider.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Site, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
This Site is Not Intended for Children
Our Services are not directed to children. We do not collect and disclose personal information about individuals under the age of 13.
Marketing Emails. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
Processing in the United States
California Privacy Rights
This section applies to you if you are a resident of the state of California.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. In the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” or “shared” (as those terms are defined in the CCPA) the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, and inferences. We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of individuals under the age of 16. We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration.
Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. In the preceding 12 months, we have not used or disclosed sensitive personal information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
Your Rights Under the CCPA. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, the CCPA affords California consumers the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we tell you (i) what personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the sources of that information, (iii) the business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling or sharing the personal information; and (iv) the categories of third-parties to whom we have disclosed personal information.
- You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the exceptions to the CCPA applies.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- You have the right to direct us to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information to only the purposes specified in the CCPA.
- You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny you Services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of Services if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise any of your rights, please complete our request form which is accessible at fearofgod.com/contact or email us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and date of last purchase. We will verify your identity by matching the information we have collected against the information you have provided. Failure to provide the foregoing information may prevent us from processing your request. If you have requested that we correct your personal information, we may contact you to request additional information about the personal information that you believe is inaccurate, including supporting documentation.
In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Privacy Control and Opt-Out Preference Signals. Some browsers or browser extensions also allow you to tell websites not to share your information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising through the “Global Privacy Control” or other opt-out preference signals. We will respond to these signals in a frictionless manner. If you have enabled Global Privacy Control or an opt-out preference signal on your browser or extension, we will honor such requests that can be recognized by our Site by disabling analytics and advertising cookies. Please note that we may not be readily able to associate an opt-out preference signal with other personal information such as your email address. You will also only be opted out of online sales or sharing of personal information, and will need to turn it on for each browser you use. Refer to the “Exercising Your Rights” above if you would like to extend your opt-out request beyond the online advertising practices described above. Please note that If you configure this setting on your browser, certain features on our Site may not work and you will receive less targeted advertising. You will also need to turn the setting on for each browser that you use.
Other Consumer Rights Information
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, we are required to provide California residents with the following information:
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, this Site is provided without charge.
- To file a complaint regarding this Site or to receive further information regarding use of this website, please email us at email@example.com. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you may request that we stop selling certain categories of personal information that we collect. We do not currently sell your personally identifiable information as those terms are defined under Nevada law. However, if you wish to submit a request to opt-out of the sale of such information if we were to engage in such a sale in the future, you may submit your request in writing using our webform For all requests, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address so that we can verify your identity by matching the information we have collected against the information you have provided. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information may prevent us from processing your request.
European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom Privacy Rights
This section applies to residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Controller. The controller of your personal information is:
Fear of God, LLC
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #427
Studio City California 91604, United States
Special Categories of Data. Unless we specifically authorize you to do so, do not send us any Special Categories of Data, which is defined under applicable data protection laws as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric characteristics, health, or sexual orientation.
Segmentation and Automated Decision Making. We do not use segmentation or automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, you have the right to:
- Ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information.
- Ask us to provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine readable format. Please note, however, that data portability rights apply only to personal information that we have obtained directly from you and only where our processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract.
- Request that we update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Request that we limit processing or stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances including for marketing activities and profiling for marketing activities and profiling for statistical purposes and, subject to certain exceptions, where such processing is based on our legitimate business interests.
- Withdraw or revoke consent previously granted to the extent permitted by law.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise any of your rights, please use our webform or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.We will respond to all such requests within 30 days of our receipt of the request, unless there are extenuating circumstances, in which event we may take up to 60 days to respond. We will inform you if we expect our response to take longer than 30 days. Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such rights pursuant to applicable data protection laws. In addition, we will not respond to any request unless we are able to appropriately verify the requester's identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection laws occurs.
For the EEA, a list of the national data protection authorities can be found at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
For the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO’s complaint procedures may be found at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.