Last modified: [November 1 , 2020]
Click here to get a printable version here
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site;
- When you purchase products through this Site;
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- When you sign up for our newsletters;
- When you choose to register and create an account with us; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites (for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media sites and third party sites that may advertise our products and which may include a link to this Site).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- By us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
If you are not at least 13 years old please do not use this Site.
If you are in certain countries in the EU, even if you are at least 13, but not yet 16, you may need your parent’s or guardian’s approval. Check here to confirm what your EU Member State requires:
Only if required by law will we ask for your actual date of birth and except as required by law, you are not obligated to provide this information. If you are under 18 you need your parent or guardian to consent to register an account with us.
Parent/Guardian Right of Access: Your parent and/or your legal guardian has the right to ask about the information we have collected about you. We will ask that person making the request to verify that they are in fact your parent or legal guardian before we provide them your information. We will also collect the contact information for the person requesting this information so we can respond to the request.
For more information about children’s online privacy, please visit (for Children in the U.S.), the Federal Trade Commission’s Resource Page: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
We do not knowingly collect information about children under that age of 13. If a parent or legal guardian believes that we have been provided with information about their child under the age of 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN YOU VISIT OR PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE:
Categories of information and sources of that information
Identifiers and other personal information
Name, alias, mailing address, IP address, email address, account name, password, phone number, signature, credit card or other payment information (payment information is stored only by our payment processor and our third party fraud detection service provider)
You when you visit, create an account or make a purchase; or the person that sent you a gift from our Site
Other Personal Information
Phone number, signature, credit card or other payment information (payment information is stored only by our payment processor and our third party fraud detection service provider)
You or the person that sent you a gift from this Site
Internet and other network activity
Browsing history, browser type, IP address, device used to connect to this Site, search history, your interaction with the Website, including dates and times, which advertisements you clicked on, the site you may have used to link here
Automated Technology such as cookies, Google Analytics and web beacons
Your consent, selections and elections
Your opt-out selections regarding advertising and your opt-in and opt-out regarding newsletters
See also our section for California and EU Residents Regarding Information Collected and Retained when you exercise certain rights.
Gifts: If you are purchasing a gift for someone, and you give us that person’s information for shipping, we are relying on you to make sure you have the right (and consent if needed) to provide to us the recipient’s information.
Third party service providers and your purchasing/return activities:
These third party providers are not authorized by us to use the information you provide for your purchases, credits, returns, and account information except to help us do our business with you, or as required by law (for example, to confirm there is no fraudulent transaction). These providers have also committed to cooperate with us when you exercise certain choices (for example, of you want to be forgotten if you are in the EU or California).
Cookies, beacons and other automated data collection technologies; do not track signals:
Some web browsers may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy accordingly.
Types of automated technology and your options:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, our e-mails, and Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and to gatherother related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
How we use information collected by automated technology:
We use information collected to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, thereby enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Send you advertisements;
- Help you navigate through the Site;
- Store information about your preferences; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Uses of other information we collect and/or you provide:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill orders, returns, answer your questions, notify you about order status;
- To create and maintain your account with us when you choose to create one;
- To detect and prevent fraud;
- To send you advertisements;
- To send you newsletters when you opt-in to receive them
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, our databases and other technology assets, and business;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any purchase and/or other transactions between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or our products;
- For testing, and improving our Website;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- In any other way we may describe when you choose to provide the information on this Site; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell your information: We do not sell you personally-identifiable information to third parties. The only exception to this is an onward transfer. [insert link][link to below, under third parties to: Onward Transfers]
Aggregated, anonymous information: We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. This information either never included you by your personal information, or your personally identifying information has been stripped (anonymized).
Depending on where you are, you may have the right to request that we erase or “forget” you. (see our EU and California information below)
CORRECTION OF INFORMATION; REQUESTS TO ERASE
If you are asking about information as to yourself, to correct your information, or to tell us to forget you (or “erase you”) (see information for California and EU below) [insert link here to those sections], we will ask you to verify you are who you say you are before we process the request. We will also collect your contact information to respond to the request. We keep a record of these requests, who made the request, how and when we responded, and what information we provided.
Some States and Countries have special categories of information, which may be referred to as “sensitive” information or “protected health information”. We do not collect any “sensitive” information (e.g. as to your religion, health, etc.).
Choices and opting In or out: We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information
Our online advertising: You can opt out of receiving advertising from us by clicking here and we will process your request. Also some platforms we use to provide advertising to you may allow you to “opt out” of receiving any more advertising from us through such platform.
Newsletters: We may send you newsletters about our products if you opt-in to receiving them. Every newsletter we send to you will allow you at any time to “opt out” of receiving any more newsletters from us. You can also opt out by clicking here and we will process your request.
Continued Communication After you Opt-Out: We may still send you correspondence about, for example, a purchase you made, or to verify who you are before we honor a request to “forget you”, to enforce our rights, and to alert you of any suspected or actual fraud or problem, whether with your payment, our Site or otherwise.
Accessing and correcting your information: If you think the information we have about you is incorrect, or if it needs to be updated (for example, you have moved and have a new shipping address), we will help you do this by clicking here or when you go into your registered account but we may ask you to first verify who you are before we let you make the changes (and in some cases, we by law have to verify your identity for certain requests, as we explain for children, California residents and EU Residents).
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Passwords for any users who create an account: If you register to create an account on this Site, you will be asked to create a password. To best protect yourself, use unique passwords for unique accounts (do not use the same password for your Fear of God account as you do (e.g.) for your bank account or Gmail account). Do not share your password with someone else. If you think your password or account was compromised let us know at email@example.com.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business as described in this Policy (for example, to process payments and to detect fraud)
- Onward Transfers: To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users or customers is among the assets transferred;
- To those parties you ask us to (See the California and EU Resident Sections Below); and
- Other parties with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users or customers, or others.
Contact: When contacting us, please indicate in which country you reside.
Fear of God, LLC
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Suite 427, Studio City, CA 91604
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or via our toll-free number:
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you also have the additional rights and we are sharing with you the following additional information about our practices:
We do not collect: any state or government issued identifiers (such as social security numbers, passport numbers, drivers’ license numbers, employment or employment related information, health information, sex or sexual orientation, veteran’s status, religion, political affiliations, biometric data, geolocation data, sensory information, education history or other “sensitive” information.
No inferences drawn: We do not profile you based on the information we collect as to any psychological trends, intelligence, aptitudes or behavior.
If you are a California resident, we also use personal information to:
- Process your request to change your information;
- Process your request to access your information;
- Process your request to be forgotten; and
- Verify who you are before we will process these requests
In the last twelve (12) months, we have not sold your personal information: If we ever do consider selling personal information, we will first provide to you notice, and afford to you an opportunity to opt out.
Your rights and choices:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to specific information and data portability rights: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the disclosures we made, the purpose for the disclosure, and identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion request rights (the right to be forgotten): You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising access, data portability, and deletion rights: To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at [please provide a toll-free number].
Or writing to us [Fear of God, LLC, 3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Suite 427, Studio City, CA 91604]
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child (anyone under the age of 18 in California).
Please note that you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response timing and format (meaning how we deliver the response): We endeavor to respond to you with respect to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California privacy rights: California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Contact information: https://fearofgod.com/pages/contact
When contacting us, please indicate that you are a California resident. By contacting us based on the information herein, you represent that you are a “consumer” as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations.
EU, SWISS AND EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA SITE VISITORS
To the extent that we have not already explained above how we collect, use, and disclose your information that we receive in the US from the EU, European Economic Area ("EEA"), and Switzerland, we provide more information here.
Consent: We will expressly ask for your consent if and when you choose to register for an account or if you opt-in to receive our newsletters. If you choose to grant your consent, the information you provide to us at the point of collection will be transferred to us, our servers, and our third party processors here in the United States. If you did consent to receive advertisements and/or newsletters, you can opt out https://fearofgod.com/pages/contact. Note that before we cancel an account, we may need to verify your identity first.
Purchases: If you choose to purchase our products through this Site, our third party payment processor will receive your payment information and related transaction information. However, if you do want to make a purchase, you will need to consent to provide payment information, shipping information, and points of contact. Our third party service providers help us to process your payments and to detect and prevent fraud. As, we discuss in this Policy above, these third parties have agreed to process your information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), but it is your choice whether or not to proceed with a purchase through this Site.
Your rights as EU, EEA and Swiss residents: This Site also provides you with information about our procedures to help ensure that your information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current, and we include links to those resources.
Third Party Transfers: As we explained above [insert link], we may transfer information to our third-party agents (“processors”, under GDPR) or service providers who perform functions on our behalf as described in this Policy. These third party providers have agreed to treat your information in accordance with GDPR (whether with Standard Contractual Clauses or Data Transfer Agreements), and our agreements limit their use of your data to the specified services provided on our behalf. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process your information in accordance with these agreement.
Security: We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with GDPR.
Accessing, correcting and/or deleting your information: You may have the right to access the information that we hold about you and to request that we correct, amend, or delete it if it is inaccurate or processed in violation of the GDPR, including if we exceeded your consented use of your information. Please contact us here: https://fearofgod.com/pages/contact
Retention and Destruction: If you do not otherwise request sooner, we have processes in place to delete your information when we no longer need it, and are not required by law to continue to retain it.
When we do not honor your requests: These access rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access. We may also decline your request for erasure (the right to be forgotten) if we need to keep that information to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your information, or direct any questions or complaints about the use or disclosure of your information, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below.
Verification: We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
Response Time: We will respond to your verified requests in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Complaints: If we did not use your information as you consented, or if we did not honor your lawful requests, and you are resident in the EEA and you believe we are unlawfully processing your information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Security: For all users of our Site, regardless of where you are located, we have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our servers located in the United States behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do use reasonable measures intended to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. To the fullest extent allowed by law, any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Except where the law mandates otherwise, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Site.